Join our Manila-team as our new accountant
Grieg Star Philippines is a shared services company established to provide timely and accurate support and service solutions to the companies in the Grieg Maritime Group.
We now have an open permanent position in our Manila office as an Accountant.
Areas of Responsibility
- Complying with all company, local, and federal accounting, and financial regulations.
- Compile, analyze and report on financial data.
- Assist during financial audits.
- Keep informed about current legislation relating to finance and accounting.
- Responsible for daily disbursements, including preparation of vouchers, checks, withdrawals, telegraphic transfers, etc.
- Maritime Payroll
- Responsible for maritime payroll of crew onboard assigned vessels and respond to queries from crew onboard assigned vessels.
- Statement of Accounts
- Prepare and send Statement of Accounts for assigned vessels.
- Vessel Analysis
- Conduct vessel analysis of assigned vessels.
- Bank Reconciliation
- Bank reconciliation of savings accounts.
- Other Activities
- Perform other activities due to business exigencies and operational requirements that may be assigned by the Head of Grieg Philippines and Crew Manager from time to time.
Graduate with a baccalaureate degree in Accounting or Management Accounting, or a related field.
- 1-2 years’ accounting experience, preferably from the maritime industry.
- Knowledge of the Philippine manning industry.
- Knowledge of the NIS and Model CBAs.
- Previous use of digital accounting systems and maritime payroll systems is an advantage.
- Other Skills:
- Above average computer literate, especially in Microsoft 365.
- Excellent written and spoken comprehension of English and Filipino.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Understanding of mathematics and accounting, and financial processes.
- Emphatic with strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- Ethical behaviour with a focus on quality and performance.
- Willing to work outside of office hours in case of emergencies/urgent matters.
Written application and resume may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2023.